(Trading as THOROUGHBRED ADVERTISING)
Credit Card Payments
We do not store credit card details, nor do we share any financial details with any 3rd parties.
Information held by the Thoroughbred Business Guide (published by Thoroughbred Advertising)
1. We receive and store any information
you enter on our website or give us in any other
way. You can choose not to provide certain information
but this choice might render you unable to take
advantage of some of the website’s features.
2. We receive and store certain types of information
whenever you interact with us. For example,
like many websites we use “cookies”
and we obtain certain types of information when
your web browser accesses the website.
3. The Thoroughbred Business Guide collects and compiles relevant data entries from various sources to provide a useful directory for people and companies involved in the horse racing and breeding industries. This information appears both on this site and in hard copy form in the Thoroughbred Business Guide annual book. All entrants receive either a Data Check Sheet by post, or an email once a year, confirming their entry and allowing them to check its content. We never sell on or share any of this information with outside entities.
Cookies are blocks of text that we transfer
to your computer hard drive through your web
browser to enable our systems to recognize your
browser. Cookies allow you to take full advantage
of some of the website features and we recommend
that you leave them turned on. However, the
help portion of the toolbar on most browsers
will tell you how to prevent your browser from
accepting new cookies, how to have the browser
notify you when you receive a new cookie and
how to disable cookies altogether.
(1) remember you when you visit this website to keep track of your browsing patterns and to build up a profile of how you and other users use the website.
(2) make our website work as efficiently as possible.
1. We do not sell information about our customers
to others. If a third party is involved in your transactions
we share customer information relating to the
transactions involving that third party.
1. If, in the development of our business we
sell or buy an enterprise it is typical for
customer information to be one of the transferred
business assets but the transfer remains subject
to any promises made in any pre-existing privacy
notice. Similarly if Thoroughbred Advertising (Thoroughbred Business Guide)
is acquired by a third party in whole or part
customer information will be one of the main
2. Account and other personal information will
be released by us as appropriate to comply with
the law, in order to enforce or imply our conditions
of use and other agreements, to protect the
rights, property or safety of Thoroughbred Advertising (Thoroughbred Business Guide)
its users or others, this includes exchanging
information with other companies and organizations
for fraud protection and credit risk reduction
but this does not include selling, renting,
sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable
information from customers for commercial purposes
and violation of the commitments set forth in
3. Except as set out above you will receive
notice when any information about you might
go to a third party and you will have an opportunity
to choose not to share the information.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the
security of your information by using encryption
and shorthand (such as only revealing the last
five digits of your credit card when confirming
an order) it is your responsibility to take
appropriate measures to protect unauthorised
access and to your password and computer.
Advertisers and Links to other websites
The website includes third party advertising
and may include links to other websites. Third
party websites and advertisers may be internet
advertising companies working on their own behalf
and at times use technology to send the advertisements
that appear on our website directly to your
browser. They automatically receive your IP
address when this happens they may also use
appropriate technologies to measure the effectiveness
of their advertisements and to personalise advertising
content. We do not have access to or control
the technologies that they may use and the information
practices of these advertisers and third party
42a Station Road East
Telephone + 44 (0) 1883 714800
Facsimile: + 44 (0) 1883 714080